It was a moment of pure teenage bliss. Watching the waves, squidging sand between your toes and trying not to burn the inside of your mouth on those crunchy, salty, yummy potato chips. I wanted to recreate that feeling this summer (it’s summer where I am!) but a little more consciously then my local chip shop would have done it back in the day. Thank goodness for Lucia from The Thriving Elephant and her awesome recipe for crunchy hot potato chips.
You just don’t get better then these beauties. Crunchy. Hot. Potato. Chips. There is nothing more to say.
Enjoy! Danni x
Crunchy Hot Potato Chips
By Lucia from The Thriving Elephant
Serves: 2 Time 30 mins
2 potatoes (peeled and cut into chips)
¼ cup gluten free bread crumbs (or buy gluten free bread and blitz)
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon ground sweet paprika
Himalaya rock salt
Optional – 1 tablespoon coconut/olive oil
NOTE: You can add any seasoning that you like to your hot chips.
- Preheat the oven to 390ºF/200ºC.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into chips.
- In a bag or a bowl with a lid, put in all of the dry ingredients and potato chips. Shake well, to make sure they are completely covered. If your seasoning and crumbs aren’t sticking to the chips, try adding 1 tablespoon of oil.
- On a baking tray put baking paper and then spread the chips out evenly on the tray.
- Cook until crunchy. This should take around 20 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite sauce/dip or eat as they are.
This awesome idea is by Lucia at The Thriving Elephant. Enjoy this recipe and so many others in Part 1 of the Yellow Edition of Healthy Mama Magazine. Enjoy your FREE subscription below…x
Enjoy Your Full FREE Subscription to Healthy Mama Magazine Today!
Join 1000’s of mama’s who are creating the best possible health for their families and their little happy souls.